October 1, 2023
Servants (Part 2)
Series Text: 1 Corinthians 4:1-2
The foundational characteristic of who we are in Christ is seen in the fact that we are “Servants of Christ” And being a servant means that we have a relationship with the master we serve. It also means that we have been given a trust and that we must be faithful to DO what we have been entrusted to do.
Last week we began by examining the Characteristics of our Relationship with God.
This morning I want to continue exploring the nature of who we are in Christ and what we do as His servants. I want to take you to 2 Kings Chapter 5 and show you what the Holy Spirit revealed to me about being a servant of Christ through this passage.
1. A servant must learn that his own strength is not enough.
2. A servant must realize that God can use their difficult circumstances to place them in positions of
ministry that could otherwise not be obtained.
3. A servant points people to God.
4. A servant sees through eyes of faith, that God is greater than the battles that come against them.
5. A servant is confident in the words that God has given them.
6. A servant reasons to help people see the truth.
7. A servant obediently follows God’s leading even when it doesn’t make sense.
8. A servant makes sure all the glory goes to God.
- Pastor David Filener
- 1 Corinthians
- 1 Kings
- 1 Peter
- 2 Corinthians
- 2 Kings
- Servant of Christ
- Serving Christ
- Serving God