June 20, 2018
Have you every wished you could have super powers?
If you could have a super power, what would it be?
If you could choose to be a superhero, which one would you choose to be?
Today I want to talk about a special kind of super hero and while my comments are directly targeted to the men of our church today, the principles I want to share relate to all of us
That’s right, I want to be a Super Dad…
Now before I begin, I want to address some sensitive issues that seem to come to the surface whenever I talk about Dads
Some of you had great Dads and for you this message will bring good memories to the surface as you say that was my Dad
Others may experience feelings of sorrow, regret or even anger because you didn’t have a great Dad. To you I say, please stick with me to the end. Don’t ignore those feelings but don’t allow them to block out the spiritual truths that I want to share with you today
Remember that this is not just a message about what we may have had, but what we can become
1. SuperDads know the source of their power
2. SuperDads avoid the dangers of kryptonite
3. SuperDads are just Clark Kent’s in disguise
4. SuperDads are super approachable
5. SuperDads fight for truth and justice with compassion, grace, mercy and forgiveness.
6. SuperDads are not Invincible