Dear Church Family,
Last night I myself, Katrina, and Lindsey met with the Board to discuss what we needed to do in the immediate response to the current Corona Virus Crisis in our Country. We have been following careful what has been going on along with the recommendations and mandates being handed down from our Federal, State, and Local Governments and by our own National and State Assemblies of God Leaders. All of them are calling upon us to abide by the recommendations of our President to cancel all public gatherings of more than 10 people for at least the next 2 weeks.
After much prayer and discussion (and heartbreak) we made the decision to comply with these requests and cancel ALL church services effective immediately through April 2. This decision applies to our Sunday and Wednesday Gatherings, our home fellowship groups and our other small group meetings that meet here at the church. In addition, we made the difficult decision to cancel our Easter Outreach scheduled for April 12. None of these decisions were easy and we are not making them in a state of fear, but rather want to do our best to honor the authorities that God has set above us, to set an example for our community, and to be wise regarding the health of our flock.
We will continue to monitor the situation with prayer and reassess the need for any further action in 2 weeks. Meanwhile, we are currently working on getting everything set up to be able to provide live streaming of our services so that we can continue to have some form of church in the coming days. It is my plan to have a video service ready for this Sunday and with God’s help be able to live stream in the coming days. Pastor Lindsey will also be striving to put some creative things together for our kids during this time. We are also working on some contingency Easter activities for our children to help replace the cancelled Easter Event.
As we navigate this time together, here are some things that will help.
- Above all I want us to stay connected. With the help of our Elder Board we will be reaching out to each of you during this time. In addition, I would like you to reach out to us as well. Let us know how you are doing. Let us know what needs you may have. I want our church body to minister and encourage one another. If you need something, if your life has been impacted and you need help, please let us know. Let’s take time to check on each other and meet needs where we can. You may have access to something that someone else needs. You may be able to go to the store and shop for those who cannot. We can all pray for one another and talk to each other via phone, text, and social media. The church will be open, and we welcome you to stop by anytime if you would like to talk, need prayer, or would like to spend some time in prayer. Pastor Lindsey will also be available to meet with kids during this time.
- If you can, Join us for our online services. It is my intention to have worship and a message available for you on Sundays. We will make this available online via our sermons page as well as posting links on Facebook and Email. Our Website is www.cdoassemblyofgod.com
- If we don’t have a valid email for you, please provide us with one. This will help us keep you up to date much faster. If you are able, join our Facebook page (Canyon Del Oro Assembly of God) and Facebook group (Canyon Del Oro Assembly of God). If you need help doing this, let us know. If you can help others get this set up let us know that as well.
- Please continue to give as you are able. Again, we know that this situation is deeply impacting the economy of our nation and your personal financial well-being, but we know that God will bring us through. There are several ways you can continue to give during this time. You can mail your gifts into the church; you can drop them by the church office (The church offices will remain open and our normal operating hours are 9am-5pm Monday through Friday) or you can use online giving. We recently set up an “Online Giving Tab” on our church website or you can access it here. https://www.kindridgiving.com/app/giving/Cany9999488 If you need help working through this, don’t hesitate to give us a call. You can give securely via Debit/Credit Card or through electronic check by filling out your bank account information. Typical funds are listed in the drop-down menu and you can add multiple funds along with their respective amounts. Special Designations can also be made.
- Our Food Pantry will remain open during this time. We have had to make adjustments to how we operate, but we are still doing our best to help families by providing food. If you or someone you know needs assistance with food, we will continue to provide as much as we can on Wednesdays and Saturdays of each week from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- We will do our best to regularly communicate with you via email and Facebook about what is happening.
Above all, let me encourage you with the Words of The Apostle Paul
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NIV)
8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
While our lives have been, and will continue to be, impacted in many ways; Our God will never abandon us. He will be with us through it all, leading and guiding us if we put our trust in Him. Covid-19 is not bigger than our God.
Let us also remember the admonishment of 2 Chronicles 7:14
2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)
14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Trusting God for All Things
Image already added
Image already added